Message from the Head/ GCSE Results 2017
‘All success or achievement requires effort and some self-sacrifice. If it was easy then it wouldn’t be worth doing.’
We are delighted to be celebrating our GCSEs results. These are a phenomenal set of results for the cohort as a whole as well as some incredible success stories for individual students.
This was the first year of the new challenging specifications in English and Mathematics with new grading of 9-1. We are delighted to say we had one student who achieved a 9 in English Language, English Literature and Mathematics which is an amazing achievement.
We have seen significant improvements in our progress and attainment again across most subjects and we pride ourselves in catering for students of all abilities. Celebrating students who have achieved 14 A*- A grades as well as those who have achieved their personal best, who don’t always find school easy.
- Over 17% of all grades were A*-A, 38% A*-B equivalent and 72% of grades A*-C
- 6o% of students achieved an A*-C equivalent ( ie. above a grade 4) in English and maths
Some particular success stories to name a few, include:
- Oonagh Stewart 13 GCSEs 9 9 9 A*A*A A*A^A A*A A*Distinction*
- Mayar Hassan 13 GCSEs 9 8 8 A*A*A A A*A A A* A Distinction*
- James Leslie 13 GCSEs 9 7 7 A A A A* A A B A Distinction*
- Emily Mather 13 GCSEs 8 6 7 A A A* B A A A A Distinction*
- Amy Davison 12 GCSEs 6 5 7A A A A B B A A Distinction*
- Amonik Melaco 12 GCSEs 8 7 8 A*A A A A A B A Distinction*
- Nathan Ray 12 GCSEs 6 6 6 A*A A A A A B A Distinction*
We are incredibly proud of our achievements and these results are once again testimony to the hard work of staff, students and parents, confirming that we are an outstanding provider that provides a fantastic all round education for our students.